This is the process to follow when ready to present your Review or Report to the group.
- Owner Reviews and Test Reports should be sent to the
- Owner Reviews are posted to
- Test Reports are posted to
- Post Reviews and Reports to the list as either plain text (preferred) or very simple HTML
(no images) to help
keep email size in check.
- The brand, model, and gear type should appear in the subject line.
- Example: "Owner Review of Nomad Lite Tent by John Smith"
- Example: "Initial Report: Yakima GrassHopper Child
Carrier by Shane Steinkamp"
- Test Reports do not require approval to upload after they are edited.
Owner Reviews are usually required to be reposted to the list after
editing for a second check.
- Testers can upload their Reports at their discretion, however, any
edits should be incorporated and the uploaded Report replaced as
soon as possible after editing.
- A Report is not completed until it is edited, uploaded, and all
links are working.
- Upload Reports and Reviews to the appropriate Test Folder when you post
them to the list.
- The test folder root is found here:
- Place your report in the appropriate sub folder.
- You are required to upload your report to the test folder, and then
include a link to it when posting your report to the list.
- After you upload your report to the permanent folder, you should delete
the report from the test folder.
- Follow the list after you post your Report or Review to answer any
- Welcome constructive criticism and incorporate it into your review if
- Your report will be 'officially' edited.
- In the case of an Owner Review, the edit will be done by an Edit
- The word 'EDIT' will be prepended to your subject line.
- Depending on the volume of list traffic, it may take as long as
two weeks for an Edit Moderator to edit your Review.
- If you have not received an edit in seven days, send a gentle
reminder to the list.
- In the case of a Test Report, the edit will be done by the Test
- If, after five (5) days, the Test Monitor has not edited your
report, the List Moderator will follow up.
- Once you have received your edit, and incorporated those changes, you may upload your report.
- In the case of an Owner Review, the Edit Moderator will create a
folder for your Review and inform you of its location.
- You will usually have to REPOST your Owner Review to the list once you
have incorporated the edits. The Editor will create the folder for
your Review at that time.
- In the case of a Test Report, the folder will already have been
created by the Test Moderator.
- If you notice that there is no folder for your Test Report, notify
- All files uploaded to the wrong folder will be deleted, and you will
be required to upload it to the correct folder.
- Your report must be uploaded in HTML format.
- Reports and Reviews uploaded in any other format will be deleted.
- Only information between <body> and </body> tags will
- Cascading Style Sheets are not supported.
BGT Report Writer
is provided for your convenience in creating HTML reports. The
BGT Report Writer generates the HTML report format for you.
- Up to fifteen images may be uploaded with your Review or Report.
- Please read
Chapter 11 for
complete information about using images with your review.
- If you have any difficulty either formatting or uploading your report,
seek help on the BGTFileUploadHelp list. A team of dedicated veterans is
on hand to help you with any difficulty you may have. The link to the
- Material uploaded to BackpackGearTest.org is copyrighted by and is the
sole property of BackpackGearTest.org.
- By uploading your report to BackpackGearTest.org, you agree to
this automatic transfer of all rights.
- For more information, please see