Reviews > Clothing > Gloves > Gordini Vector Gloves > Test Report by Kevin O Connell

February 19, 2009

NAME: Kevin O'Connell
LOCATION: Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA

I started backpacking about 7 years ago, mostly taking weekend trips and occasionally going out for a week. I am a minimalist, and will pretty much do anything to shave off some weight, but I am usually more interested in the journey than speed. My trip settings are usually local, so a forest setting, very rainy and pretty hilly, although I do go on snow trips. I am trained in wilderness survival and first aid. I am also an avid rock climber, mountaineer, and snowboarder.

Product Information

Manufacturer: Gordini
Year of Manufacture: 2009
Manufacturer's Website:
MSRP: US$ 90.00
Listed Weight: NA
Measured Weight: 8 oz (227 g)
Tester's Color : Black
Size : Mens Medium

The gloves came packaged in a clear plastic bag. They were tied to an orange piece of cardboard. The cardboard lists off some of the features of the gloves, as well as sizing info. The packaging isn't anything special, but I wouldn't expect it to be.

Initial Impressions

I am surprised at just how bulky these gloves are. Unlike previous gloves I have owned, the Vectors make my hands feel large and clumsy. The inner lining is soft and comfortable, and feels similar to a high quality fleece. The inner lining is actually made out of Lavawool, the manufacturer's brand of wool. This wool does not feel scratchy at all.

The gloves also feature a wrist leash, a drawstring type closing, and a wrist compression feature. The drawstring is designed to be operated with one hand -- but I have problems gripping the finger tab while wearing the vectors on my other hand. The leash looks sturdy, but I wonder if the length is correct. It looks a tad bit on the short side.

There is also a small clip for keeping the gloves together when not in use. This clip releases with very little pressure, so I plan to include that in my testing as well.

I was a little unsure about my sizing for these gloves. I could not find a chart on Gordini's website, so I called customer support. For my 7 inch wrists (178 mm), the rep suggested a Men's Medium. These gloves are quite snug. While it isn't overly tight or uncomfortable, it would be a problem if I was planning on wearing extra layers, but the gloves apear to be quite warm, so as of now, I'm not too concerned. If I were to purchase the vectors, I would first call several outdoor stores to see if they had any Gordini gloves to double check sizes with.

I would like to thank Gordini and for the opportunity to participate in this test.

This report was created with the Report Writer Version 1. Copyright 2009. All rights reserved.

Read more reviews of Gordini gear
Read more gear reviews by Kevin O Connell

Product tested and reviewed in each Formal Test Report has been provided free of charge by the manufacturer to Upon completion of the Test Series the writer is permitted to keep the product. Owner Reviews are based on product owned by the reviewer personally unless otherwise noted.

All material on this site is the exclusive property of