Reviews > Clothing > Jackets > Adidas Outdoors Terrex SkyClimb Jacket > Test Report by Theresa Lawrence

WOMENS ADIDAS TERREX SKYCLIMB FLEECE JACKET

Name: Theresa Lawrence
Email: theresa_newell AT yahoo DOT com
Location: Sparwood, British Columbia, Canada
Gender: Female
Height: 5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)
Weight: 130 lb (59 kg)
Shoe Size:9

I have more than 20 years of backpacking experience. Day hikes and 2-3 day backpacking trips take place on most weekends throughout the year while longer trips are only occasional. I backpack predominantly in mountain terrain (Coast Range, Cascades and Canadian Rockies) with the goal of summiting peaks. Activities I use my gear with include mountaineering, ski touring, rock climbing, kayaking, biking, trail running, Search and Rescue and overseas travel. I like my gear to be reasonably light, convenient and simple to use though I would not claim to be a lightweight hiker.

Initial Report - October 27, 2017

Grey Five
Materials:
94% Recycled Polyester, 6% Elastic - 100% Polyester

DESCRIPTION

The Skyclimb fleece jacket is lightweight fleece, but with some extra features to make it more weather resistant. The front, shoulders and most of the arms have a layer of PERTEX EQUILIBRIUM on the outside, which gives it some wind resistance and some ability to shed snow and light rain. Specifically, the PERTEX EQUILIBRIUM is comprised of a tightly, double woven fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. The manufacturer also claims the garment is highly breathable based on the lightly woven fleece. The materials are also expected to be moisture-wicking and quick-drying. Other features that make up the overall design of the jacket include a form-fitting hood, two hand-warming pockets with zippers and elastic hem and cuffs. The fabric as a whole has some stretch to it to aid in comfort and fit during activity.

TRYING IT OUT & FIRST IMPRESSIONS

I have the medium, which fits perfectly, not too roomy and not too tight. I like the length of the arms as mine are long and I find more often than not manufacturers make shorter arms for women. I also like the fit of the hood and the length of the overall garment. The fleece is soft and the stretch allows for good range of motion with my arms. There is nothing of immediate concern for this garment. The craftsmanship looks professional with no loose threads. I'm looking forward to getting it out in the field.

SUMMARY

Overall, first impressions are highly positive. Great fit off the cuff with no obvious concerns. All that is left to do at this point is to take it out into the field and put it through its paces. For me this will include hiking and ski-touring to backcountry huts, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling and other Search & Rescue activities. Stay tuned for my observations after a couple of months.
I'd like to thank Adidas Outdoor and BackpackGearTest.org for allowing me to take part in this test series.

Read more reviews of Adidas gear
Read more gear reviews by Theresa Lawrence