Reviews > Clothing > Jackets > Craghoppers Compresslite II Jacket > Test Report by Jenna Steffensen

Craghoppers
Compresslite II Jacket

Test Series by Jenna Steffensen
Initial Report: November 28, 2017

Reviewer Information

Name:  Jenna Steffensen
Gender: Female
Height: 5' 5" (1.65 Meters)
Weight: 140 Pounds (64 Kilograms)
Email address: jennasteffensen ATgmailDOTcom
Location: Fernie, British Columbia, Canada

Backpacking Background

I recently started backpacking after moving to the Canadian Rockies last fall. I have been on two short (3-day) backpacking trips but I am very experienced in day hikes and car camping. I’ve hiked mainly in the Utah desert and Canadian Rockies. I still have many trips planned this year in the Rockies (smoke dependent!). I’m looking for the best gear that’s light and durable enough for the Rockies. My current set up is a 2-person tent, a white gas backpacking stove to cook, gravity filters, and hefty trail boots.

November 28, 2017

Product Information

Manufacturer: Craghoppers
Year of Manufacture: 2017
Manufacturer's Website: https://www.craghoppers.com/
MSRP: $86 USD

Jacket Specifications
Material: 100% polyester
Listed Weight: 375 g (13.23 oz)

Measured Weight: 382 g (13.47 oz)
Colour Tested: Black (Also available in Dawn Red and Night Blue)
Size Tested: S/6 (Also available in UK size 8-20)

Product Description

The Craghoppers Compresslite II Jacket is a synthetic down jacket made from 100% polyester with insulating properties comparable to natural down. The jacket has an insulated hood and elastic cuffs. The jacket features an uncovered zipper with a nice pull that says Craghoppers. These pulls can also be found on the pockets on either side of the jacket. The pockets are lined on one side with fleece. The jacket has one small rubber logo on the exterior left chest that says Craghoppers and one small tag below the right pocket that says National Geographic. On the interior of the jacket there is a stamped logo at the neck as well as a sewn in patch featuring National Geographic. There is also a wash label on the interior by the hip. There are button snap loops on the interior by the hip and my guess is they are for securing to pant loops. The waist has an adjustable hem. The jacket comes with its own stuff-sack and provides these details printed on it: lightweight, windproof, thermal, water resistant, downproof, security pockets. Craghoppers included their own scale of warmth rating on a tag with the jacket. This jacket received a 4 out of 7, indicating it is insulated for warmth and comfort.

Initial Impressions:

This jacket is super comfortable to wear all day. I have worn it the past week around town and at home. When I am out in the cold it keeps me warm and when I come inside I am not too hot with it on. The fit is really nice as it is not a big, bulky jacket. It fits pretty slim but still big enough for some layers underneath. The hood is a nice feature to have for those brisk temperature days. It stays on my head fairly well unless there is a strong wind. The jacket is super light and extremely packable. It took me less than 30 seconds to pack it into the provided stuff-sack. I would say this is a good mid layer for the winter or light jacket for the spring and fall.

Wash Instructions:

Wash with dark colours separately and do not bleach. Can be put in the dryer on low tumble dry. Do not dry clean or iron or wring the jacket. Make sure to fasten the zippers during washing.

This concludes my Initial Report. Check back in 2 months for my Field Report.

Thank you to Craghoppers and BackpackGearTest.org for allowing me to test the Compresslite II Jacket.

Read more reviews of Craghoppers Ltd gear