Also available in sizes S, M, L, 2XL
|The only color
available is Black
|Pants and crew top:
USD $32 each
|The website provides only a
fabric weight of 6.5 oz (184 g)
|Pants: 8.1 oz (230 g) for size XL
Top: 11.8 oz (335 g) for size XL
Features listed by the manufacturer include:
- ColdPruf Technical Fiber Polyester with SILVADUR Intelligent
Freshness. This is a Dow Chemical technology for binding
silver ions to fabric fibers, often used in products that are
seldom thoroughly cleaned. Sounds like my base layers
- 85% Microfiber Polyester, 15% Spandex. The fabric has
a fair amount of stretch to it.
- Tagless, and flat seams for added comfort. Nice not to
have to cut off the tags.
- Country of provenance: fabrics are made in the USA, sewing
is done in Mexico.
- Single layer, brushed inside. Yes, the inside fabric
is nice and smooth. Feels like it should wick well.
I put on both the top and bottoms.
Fit was OK: the sleeves could be a little longer (see photo at
left). I like to buy a Large Tall size in this type of
garment, and push up to an XL when the Tall is not available to
get sleeve length. It should be OK as long as the garment
does not shrink in the wash, which I would not expect it to.
The length of the bottoms was adequate.
I immediately noticed a sensation of warmth when I put these on -
they should keep me nice and warm on cold desert winter
nights. The garments are very soft and smooth to the touch
with non of the scratchiness you can get with wool. The
zipper on the crew top worked very smoothly with no snags.
They look very nice - I would not be embarrassed to wear the
bottoms out in public under a pair of shorts as running tights,
nor would I have any reservations about wearing the crew top as a
shirt out in public. In fact, ColdPruf mentions on their
website that these are apropos for "active and casual wear".
So far so good. I am excited about getting them out into the
backcountry on a cold night and see how toasty they keep me.
Areas for concern
- Lots of warmth for the weight
- Smooth fabric, doesn't feel scratchy
- Zipper on crew top is nice for ventilation
- How bad will it smell after a few nights on the trail?
- Fits well now, hopefully it will not shrink in the laundry
and turn into mid-sleeves and capris.
Thanks to BackpackGearTest and ColdPruf
Baselayers for the opportunity to test the Quest Performance