Reviews > Food > Energy Bars and Drinks > Know Brainer Hot Drinks > Test Report by Jenna Steffensen

KnowBrainer Keto Instants
Test Series by Jenna Steffensen
Initial Report: September 11, 2017

Reviewer Information

Name:  Jenna Steffensen
Gender: Female
Height: 5' 5" (1.65 Meters)
Weight: 140 Pounds (64 Kilograms)
Email address: jennasteffensen ATgmailDOTcom
Location: Fernie, British Columbia, Canada

Backpacking Background

I recently started backpacking after moving to the Canadian Rockies last fall. I have been on two short (3 day) backpacking trips but I am very experienced in day hikes and car camping. I’ve hiked mainly in the Utah desert and Canadian Rockies. I still have many trips planned this year in the Rockies (smoke dependent!). I’m looking for the best gear that’s light and durable enough for the Rockies. My current set up is a 2 person tent, a white gas backpacking stove to cook, gravity filters, and hefty trail boots.

September 11, 2017

Product Information

Manufacturer: KnowBrainer
Year of Manufacture: 2017
Manufacturer's Website: https://myknowbrainer.com/
MSRP: no information yet
Weight: varies per package, see below
Products Testing: ketogenic coffee [original 31 g (1.09 oz), French vanilla 32 g (1.13 oz) and mocha 28 g (0.99 oz)], ketogenic hot chocolate 38 g, ketogenic chai tea 34 g (1.34 oz) and ketogenic original creamer 28 g (0.99 oz).

Product Description

The KnowBrainer Keto Instants are single packages of instant coffees, teas and hot chocolate with creamer. The Keto Instants are a new product KnowBrainer has made and their website says available soon. KnowBrainer sent me what they call "the thinker's sampler" which is a 6 pack of their Keto Instants including one of their original creamers. The Keto Instants consist of: ketogenic coffee (original, French vanilla and mocha), ketogenic chai tea, and ketogenic hot chocolate.

ketoinstant.jpg

All of the KnowBrainer Keto Instants are made with MCT & organic grass-fed butter. MCT (Medium Chain Triglycerides) are a certain type of beneficial fat that requires minimal action from the liver to convert directly into fuel. The original and French vanilla coffees as well as the chai tea and hot chocolate are full dairy friendly while the mocha coffee is casein and lactose free. All Keto Instants follow the ketogenic diet, are non GMO and gluten free and have no added sugar. Each foil packet has the directions, benefits, ingredients, and nutrition facts printed on the back. The directions are simple to follow; knead and squeeze before opening and then add hot water to the Keto Instants.

backside.jpg

Additional Thoughts:

I have briefly heard of the ketogenic diet before but never really knew what it was. Thanks to KnowBrainer's products and website I now understand what it consists of. In a really short nutshell it is a super low carb diet which forces the body to burn fats instead of storing them. I am excited to try these products out and really see if there is a difference in my energy level when I am out hiking. I still plan to test the product on taste, ease of use and its effects on my body. Also I thought the instant coffees would be a powder substance but they contain a cream like product. Will comment on how well the cream dissolves into the water as well.

Thank you to KnowBrainer and BackpackGearTest.org for allowing me to test this product. My long term report after completion of all six of the products will be sometime before the new year.

Read more reviews of Know Brainer gear